This seminar will provide specialist advice on VAT issues affecting the performing arts sector. It is intended to provide you with practical guidance on issues faced by the performing arts on a regular basis.
Finance personnel and senior management in performing arts organisations who deal with VAT on a regular basis and would like to increase their understanding of relevant VAT issues.
The session will explore:
- Common VAT issues arising in the sector, such as the VAT treatment of different sources of income
- How to determine the recoverability of VAT on expenditure, pitfalls to watch out for in production agreements
- Compliance issues in respect of overseas productions and services received from overseas suppliers
- Tips on improving your level of input VAT recovery if you have exempt or non-business activities
- There will be plenty of scope for more general discussion on issues raised by delegates.
Have a sound working knowledge of the key VAT issues relevant to your organisation as well as an understanding of areas in which you can reduce VAT costs.
Kevin Cresswell is the founder of Value Added Consultancy which is the only practice in the UK with a dedicated specialism in VAT issues affecting theatres and production companies. His clients include over 60 cultural organisations throughout the UK. This enables him to draw on a deep level of practical experience and to use that pro-actively in bringing to you relevant issues that he has previously encountered with other similar organisations. He was previously an indirect taxes partner at Deloitte for 13 years and during this time he developed a particular interest in the cultural sector, which led to his involvement in several leading cases which influenced the treatment of VAT on cultural services in the UK. He is also a regular speaker on VAT issues affecting the sector. This all helps him to maintain a strong insight from which to optimise your VAT position.