This course will increase your confidence and skills to provide support for anyone experiencing psychological distress on a first aid basis. The course is tailored for those working in the theatre industry. At the end of the course you will be a qualified Mental Health First Aider.
- Simply, the course is open to anyone! If you would like to increase your awareness, understand the importance of mental health issues and learn the skills to be a mental health first aider then this is the course for you.
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health problems
- Supporting people in distress
- Our own emotional wellbeing
- Be able to identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems.
- Be able to define mental health & some mental health problems.
- Be able to relate to people’s experiences.
- Be able to spot the signs of a wide range of common mental health issues in themselves and others around them.
- Be taught how to provide help and reassurance on a first aid basis
Maria Pattinson has over twenty-five years of experience in both public and private sector training programmes for professional development with a diversity of clients. She has a Master’s Degree in Ethical Leadership from King’s College London and specialist knowledge of social ethics in training and development.
MHFA England provides mental health awareness training and consultancy to a wide variety of organisations, businesses and communities – with the primary aim of increasing the population’s mental health literacy and reducing the stigma often associated with mental ill health.