This webinar took place on Wednesday 12 May 2021.
If you find the recording useful, you are invited to make a donation to Theatre Artists Fund.
Proactive ways in which to redefine, understand and prioritise looking after your mental health and wellbeing.
Ways to Wellness focuses on five main topics to aid our understanding of our personal mental health and wellbeing, and explores how to navigate and prioritise taking care of ourselves.
- Self-Care – We look at redefining self-care, what actually is it and how do we focus less on short term fixes but instead on long term deeper solutions
- Boundaries - Exploring the importance of protecting our mental, physical and emotional boundaries
- Mindfulness – Looking at the importance of being in the present moment and the impact that has on our mental health and wellbeing
- Trying new things – Getting ourselves out of our comfort zone and aligning with our values
- Connection - Exploring our communication methods with the five languages of love, the importance of connection and connecting to joy
Guest speaker, Raffaella Covino – Founder and Director of mental health community interest company Applause for Thought, will join Laura to speak about mental health stigmas, signs and options for professional help.
The session will then open to floor for Q&A.
At the end of this webinar you will leave the session:
- With the ability to utilise knowledge to asses a situation and respond accordingly
- Able to identify personal growing edges and a greater understanding of self
- Feeling empowered to seek professional help should you need it
- With the capacity to effectively use the exercises and tools given
- Ways to Wellness is specifically designed to be accessible to diverse range of people, regardless of experience, current employment status or discipline
- This session is designed for anyone who would like a greater understanding of their own mental health and wellbeing and how to manage it
Facilitator: Laura White, Wellbeing Coach & Leader
Laura facilitates wellbeing and mindfulness workshops on a 1-1, group and webinar basis. She is the founder and director of mentorship programme for student of the Global Majority - The Page One Project. She works to help people to gain clarity, confidence and wholeness within themselves. She trained as a Transformational Coach (Animas Centre for Coaches/International Coaching Federation), a Mindfulness and Meditation teacher (The School of Positive Transformation) and as a Mental Health First Aider (Mental Health First Aid England.)